The awe-inspiring Himalayan landscape and the intact Tibetan Buddhist culture make Langtang trek popular among the trekkers. A short trek from Kathmandu to Kyanjin gompa takes 8 days. The Langtang Valley also offers an opportunity of climbing 5,000 m Yala Peak.
Langtang Valley is a classic trekking destination, located only 61.8km away from aerial distance, north of Kathmandu. Although the Langtang Valley Trek is relatively short, accessible, and cheap, the trails are quieter with less number of trekkers compared to other classic trekking destinations in Nepal. Langtang trek includes splendid natural and cultural variances. Swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks. Wild Premolar, majestic waterfalls flowing over mammoth boulders and soothing hot springs. Traditional villages and the eye-catching sceneries with a lake of holy importance to Hindus and Buddhists – Gosaikunda.
The Langtang Valley has long been a favorite trek due to its expansive views and accessibility from Kathmandu. The 2015 earthquake and subsequent landslide had an enormous effect on the region, but aid and reconstruction have recently reopened this valley to trekking again. Not only is it still a beautiful trek, your visit will also provide vital support for local livelihoods.
Kyanjin Gompa is the last destination of your Langtang trek route. Begin your trek, driving from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi 132 km 8-9 hour by private 4WD jeep, follows the scenically new Rough road through the Middle Hills, Tirsuli, Kalikasthan, Ramche and Dhunche, the hike starts from Syabru Besi and ending the same place.
Langtang Trek Video
- Views of mountains above 7000m like Langtang Lirung (7,200m) Ganesh Himal (7,600m) and Langtang -II (7,227m) etc.
- This trail also offers splendid views of snow capped Himalayan ranges like Tserko RI (5033m), Kyanjin RI, Ganchhenpo (6388m), Dorje Lakpa (6990m), Laure binayak pass (4,609m)etc
- Home to 1000 plants, birds exceeding 150species, numerous other mammals
- Langtang valley which is aptly called “the valley of glaciers”
- Typical Sherpa village and traditional Tamang villages
- Langtang National Park, the second largest national park of Nepal, National bird of Nepal (Daphne) and much more.